Maria Pabalan Mere Jorrin Melissa Pinkerton
7th Grade Counselor 8th Grade Counselor Student Assistance Program Counselor
UHMS Guidance Department
Our mission is designed to promote and enhance the learning process. The counselor's role in this educational process facilitates student development in three broad areas: Academic, Personal and Social, and Career Development.
How Uni’s School Counseling Program benefits students…….
• Prepares students for the challenges of the 21st century through academic, career, and personal/social development.
• Relates educational program to the future success.
• Facilitates career exploration and development.
• Develops decision-making and problem skills.
• Assists in acquiring knowledge of self and others.
• Enhances personal development.
• Assists in developing effective interpersonal skills.
• Broadens knowledge of our changing world.
• Provides advocacy for students.
• Encourages facilitative, cooperative peer interactions.
• Fosters resiliency factors for students.