We hope that you will find answers to some of the questions you may have regarding your students attendance. For further information, please contact one of the Attendance Office staff members for assistance.
951-352-8429 ext. 65208
951-352-8429 ext. 65204
951-352-8429 ext. 65232
951-352-8429 ext. 65233
How do I clear an absence?
Parents/Guardians are responsible for excusing absences on the first day of the absence by telephone to the Attendance Office or by sending a note on the day of the student’s return to school; however, absences must be cleared no later than three days after the student’s return to school or they will be recorded as truant. Students who are absent may obtain make-up work from their teachers via email or contacting them on Haiku.
Parents or Guardians may also call (951) 352-8429 x. 65240 (24 hours) or students may submit notes from their Parents/Guardians clearing their absence by visiting the Attendance Office during the following times:
7:30 – 7:50 a.m. Before school
12:09 –12:30 p.m. Lunch period
2:50 - 4:00 p.m. After school
What is the tardy policy?
In order to support our instructional program, it is each student’s responsibility to arrive to class on time. All students not arriving to class on time will be given will given a consequence, which consists of a detention that must be cleared within 36 hours from day of assignment. Detention can be served at lunch time and after school. Failure to serve detention may result in
What is considered an excused absence?
Education Code 48205 states:
(a) Notwithstanding Section 48200, a pupil shall be excused from school when the absence is:
(1) Due to his or her illness.
(2) Due to quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer.
(3) For the purpose of having medical, dental, optometrical (eye), or chiropractic services rendered.
(4) For the purpose of attending the funeral services of a member of his or her immediate family, so long as the absence is not more than one day if the service is conducted in California and not more than three days if the service is conducted outside California.
(5) For the purpose of jury duty in the manner provided for by law.
(6) Due to the illness or medical appointment during school hours of a child of whom the pupil is the custodial parent.
(7) For justifiable personal reasons, including, but not limited to, an appearance in court, attendance at a funeral service, observance of a holiday or ceremony of his or her religion, attendance at religious retreats, attendance at an employment conference, or attendance at an educational conference on the legislative or judicial process offered by a nonprofit organization when the pupils absence is requested in writing by the parent or guardian and approved by the principal or a designated representative pursuant to uniform standards established by the governing board.
(8) For the purpose of serving as a member of a precinct board for an election pursuant to Section 12302 of the Elections Code.
(b) A pupil absent from school under this section shall be allowed to complete all assignments and tests missed during the absence that can be reasonably provided and, upon satisfactory completion within a reasonable period of time, shall be given full credit therefore. The teacher of the class from which a pupil is absent shall determine which tests and assignments shall be reasonably equivalent to, but not necessarily identical to, the tests and assignments that the pupil missed during the absence.
(c) For purposes of this section, attendance at religious retreats shall not exceed four hours per semester.
Parents should contact Cindy Collins regarding Independent Study Contracts.
Important Reminders about Independent Study:
E Parents requesting IS need to notify the school in advance, at least five (5) days prior to the planned departure from school.
E The school site administrator has the right to deny Independent Study when a student has a history of not completing
assigned Independent Study work agreements.
E Independent Study should not be issued for the first 10 days or for the last 10 days of the school year unless it has been approved by the Director of Pupil Services.
E Independent Study can not be less than five (5) consecutive school days and may not exceed twenty (20) consecutive school days per year.
E All IS Agreement forms must be completed, signed, initialed, and dated by the student, parent, teacher/s, and the supervising teacher prior to the commencement of the IS contract days.